"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." ~Mildred B. Vermont~

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Couple's Corner #3: We Love Each Other


Rodliz’s Nest


When Matt decided to see me in person for the first time in Malaysia, I knew then that he loves me. Yes, he was that serious! He was willing to travel a long way just to see me. And as for me, I already fell in love with him the moment I heard his voice on the phone. It was a kind, soft, and sweet voice. Even now, every time he calls, I still feel the same feeling. Of course we both prayed whether our decision to marry each other is the right thing to do. It was answered through the conversation I had with the other guy on Sweden. We were both happy since we received the blessing to marry each other from both parents especially for my parents who were not present during that special day of ours. Anyway, immediately after he arrived from his trip to Malaysian, he started processing everything we needed so I can go the United States to marry him. So after six months of waiting for my K-1 visa, I finally get to travel to meet his family and friends. It's been eight years now, but we are still in love despite of our differences, background, race and cultures. Putting aside differences and looking for what is good in each other makes our relationship stronger and even closer with each other. I am not perfect and neither does my husband, but with open mind and heart and support, we make our marriage works. We know that when we put God's first in everything we do such as marriage, whatever happens our marriage is going to be as strong as a rock!

5 comments:

  1. Do you still feel butterflies in your stomach ate hehehe.. You are right with open mind and heart. All couples have differences in views and opinions but it doesn't mean that marriage won't work. It is just a matter of understanding the situation and circumstances.

    Mine is up at Nostalgic ate.. Hope you are and the family are well.. May sakit ka pa ba?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate Cecile, wala naman talagang pwedeng maging perfect na couple. Gaya ng sabi mo, with open mind and heart, pwede natin isantabi ang differences. Ang ganda din ng love story niyo ni Matt, in lvoe ka na agad, boses pa lang , si Rodney din nun, sa boses pa lang, na inlove na ako.. hehehe! Iba iba talaga ang way ng pag ibig..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect combination kayong dalawa ces kasi pareho kayong mabait. Kami parehong devilish ehehehehe just kidding.

    Marriage really works if both of you respect each other and fight for your love. Pero sa inyo, walay prob kung mag away mn kay mura mag amigo mn dayn mo, sus kami ces nasty kaayo kung mag away, kung duol pa lge ning US sa pinas dugay ra ko niuli ky kapoyan ko sge away oi. pero amo awayan usahay nonsense mn sd.

    Thanks for sharing, I wanna read your next week lovetory hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my...how sweet and romantic ang love story nimo ateCes....tabukon jud ang lawod...basta pag ibig na gani ang hisgutan....ehehhehe...mamuot ko nimo te..ako sad...kilig to the bones japon ko kung manawag si hubby....hehehhe!

    thanks for sharing yours....that's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the permission already posted check it out...

    ReplyDelete