"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." ~Mildred B. Vermont~

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Couple's Corner #7: Misunderstanding

It's time for Couple's Corner created by Liza of This is My Life. This week's Topic is all about "Misunderstanding."

Rodliz’s Nest

We all know that in every relationship, be it friendship, marriage, family etc..., misunderstanding cannot be avoided. Most misunderstanding that Matt and I had were all my faults especially during the first few years of our marriage. The very reason of our misunderstanding were all about language barrier. I was so sensitive enough to take what he said in a wrong way. Thank goodness, he is very understanding, loving, and patient with all the little fights caused by me. Yup, even the small things, I made big deal out of it! I don't want to elaborate them because now, as I think about it, was all very childish.

I remember one time, I got so upset with a small thing; I can't really remember what that thing was, I just went in our bedroom crying. He tried to talk to me to know what did he do wrong, but I remained silent and was crying (I always do that), he became so frustrated and upset, he hits the wall and his hand bled (this never happened again). That time I became nervous because he has never done that before. I told to myself, he must be that upset. Well, that was the first time that I apologized to him which I never done ever since we got married. Even though it was my fault, he is always the one who apologizes first; but not that time! Yup, that was how prideful I was before. Now, when I get really upset (rarely happens), I cry hard saying " I want to go home, and that I don't belong here." I don't really mean it when I say those two phrases... just trying to scare him. Anyway, the good thing about misunderstanding is that, we always kiss and make up. We make sure that on every fights we had, we never let a day passed without talking things over. No more silent treatment for it is not healthy for our marriage and will not fix any problem between us.

9 comments:

  1. Hahahaha nAtawa at natakot naman ako sa post mo ate hehe.. Siguro kung ako sayo inatake na ako sa nerbyos kasi I am so scared of blood.. Never pa kaming nagsigawan or nagpalitan ng mga maanghang na salita ni john, I just cried it out then pag di na ako galit saka ko sinasabi.. Mine is up at Nostalgic,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here--walang magagawa ang silent treatment lalo lang lumalala lol!!Ganyan din ang sinasabi ko sa asawa ko kung nag-aaway kami.Lokong yun,sabi ba naman na "eh di umuwi ka!!"Waaahhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natawa naman ako kay Clarissa, hehehe.

    Ate Cecile, bakit kaya ganon tayo noh? tayo pa ang may ganang di makipag usap ahahaha, tayo na nga ang nagsimula ng misunderstanding..ganyan din ako kay rodney eh. But di pa naman kami nagsigawan or nagpalitan ng mga unkind words. Basta kasi nag taas na ng boses si Rdoney, tameme na ang beauty ko eh..siguro kahit ganon kabait ang mga asawa natin, nauubos din ang pasensiya sa ating kaartehan.

    Ngayon din, di na ako masyadong nag sa silent treatment, paminsan minsan na lang. baka sakaling pagbigyan ako sa mga requests ko, hehehe... See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Rose kami rin di pa nagpapalian ng unkind words :-); si Matt eh very entel pa rin kahit na galit. Ako, i just don't talk muna.

    @ Clarissa, hahaha, kakatawa naman si hubby mo, kaya siguro sinbi niya yun eh kasi di mo naman talaha gagawin :-)!

    @ Liz, alam mo ba ganyan din ako, bihira lang si Matt mag raise ng voice, kaya pag ginawa na niya yun, tahimik lang din ako :-)! Takot din ako sa kanya minsan :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my golly....parang lakas ata ng paghampas ni hubby mo te....kaya nag bleed...wawa naman...ehehehe!

    ayay...maka relate man sad ko nimo te...sos ako pod....d pod ko motingog...ahhahaha!

    maau gani kay nakatunong ta ug bana nga buotan....:) thanks for sharing teCes....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wahhh.. parang lines ko rin un . with matching empake pa nga ako.. tapos pag nagbati hirap ibalik sa wardrobe hehe.. minsan nga minartilyo ko pa un aking piggy bank at sabi ko gusto ko ng umuwi. haha nagpatakot naman.. ayun sumama hehe..

    heto pala ang entry ko >>> http://mydigihome.info/?p=271

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes u are right girl just being quiet about the issue is not healthy, thats why I am telling him about what I am being mad about pero nakakainis kasi he will just not say things about it, sometimes he would be the one to say sorry ay ambot wahhh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I realize silent treatment is not good for a relationship. Thankfully we have husbands na ang pasensya ay kasing haba hanggang planet Mars! ^_^

    My Life’s Journey in Focus
    At my tabletop
    My Life’s Photo
    My Pride and Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kapag na sobraan talaga kaartehan natin ano ces, ang hubby kahit may sobrang pasensya mauubos talaga heheh. Ako ces, it take a day to 3 days before I talk to hubby kapag sobrang upset ako.

    ReplyDelete