"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." ~Mildred B. Vermont~

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Couple’s Corner # 4: THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL

It's Wednesday once again, and time for Couple's Corner by Liza of this is My Life. Forgive me for my poor grammar, dry and boring writing, hope you guys still read it.

Rodliz’s Nest


When Matt and I decided to see each other in person, I didn't expect for more than a visit. He told me that it would be a birthday present as well. So, on the 12th of March 2001, my cousin and I picked him up at the airport. My Aunt was kind enough to accommodate him for the rest of his stay in Malaysia which lasted for exactly a week. He stayed in the guestroom and I stayed with mine. Anyway, after picking him up, we had a talked with my Aunt and her family... just for them to get to know each other. My Aunt and her husband acted as my parents since my parents were not there. They were happy to see and know Matt. I can tell that they liked him the first time they saw him. Honestly, I didn't expect Matt to propose with me that same night! I was speechless and didn't know what to say; so I said nothing. Yes, that fast! No idea what he felt that night. But, I was happy and nervous inside.


The next day, we spent most of the time going to museums and parks, and ended the day with a dinner at the Chinatown with my Aunt and her family. That night before we finally retire to bed, he once again proposed and finally I said: YES even without an engagement ring. He was very happy and apologetic; he told me that he didn't plan to propose to me. But the moment he saw me at the airport, he told to himself that he would like to spend the rest of his life with me. The next day, we went shopping for an engagement ring, but didn't find the one we both like. To make to story short, he sent me the engagement ring by mail (buti na lang di nawala). The ring looked exactly like the one on the photo above only it was a small one. Two months after our wedding, he surprised me with a new one (see the photo above). I told him he didn't have to it, but he said he wants what is best for me! Of course, he also sent mail to my parents in the Philippines asking their permission to marry me. My parents respected my decision and gave my hand for marriage with Matt.

6 comments:

  1. glad to know the real story behind the successful marriage. although it was very fast then, it is a complete marriage for you i think.. god bless you sis and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parang kidlat pala si kuya matt ate hehehe.. Naku di ka kaya boring magsula, i love reading your story ate.. dami kong nalalaman sa love story nyo ni kuya Matt.. Kaya pala gwapong gwapo si Jake kasi inlove na inlove kayo sa isa't isa..

    Mine is up na din ate sa Nostalgic..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..ang bilis pala ni hubby mo ate Cel..talagang di kana pinakawalan...it's nice knowing your love story ate Cel

    ReplyDelete
  4. "But the moment he saw me at the airport, he told to himself that he would like to spend the rest of his life with me." Ito ang mabigat, hehehe..First time makita sa personal, kasal na agad ang nasa isip.

    Ate Cecile, nagayuma ng iyong beauty. Pwede palang amngyari ang mga ganyan noh? Well, you had been chatting and talking and knowing each toehr for quite a while naman, so yung love niya para sau eh nandun na sa kanyang puso. Natulungan pa ng pag bisita nya sa yo. He knew from that instant how great you are, that you are the woman that will make him happy for the rest of your lives. Oh ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, such a fairy tale proposal sis! You must have felt like a queen when your hub proposed to you, and am sure you still do feel the same.. blessing to your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very beautiful engagement ring! I have an award for you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete