"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." ~Mildred B. Vermont~

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

CC: We're Pregnant!

When hubby and I got married, we were already 1n our thirties. We both love kids and wanted to have at least two children. And so we were very eager to get pregnant; after three months, we thought I was pregnant because my period was one week delayed. We were very excited that is why we went to see a doctor, but to our dismay, it was just a false alarm :-(. Because my mother in-law are very close, I asked her what will I do. She gave me few tips, but none of them worked :-); anyway, six months after our wedding, we got pregnant :-)! Hubby and I were very happy! We started preparing for the new addition to our family. Just like almost every pregnant woman, I experienced discomfort such as dizziness, throwing up a little bit and no appetite at all. I even hate drinking water that time and just the smell of popcorn made me throw up! But, because I have to eat and drink plenty of water for the sake of the little one growing inside me, I have to do what I need to do. At barely 7 months later, during our doctor's check up, we were saddened that our little one stopped breathing! We couldn't believed it... so my OB checked it again and still she wasn't breathing at all. The reason they told us that there were no fluid, or the amount of amniotic was very low, and so the baby didn't survived. Not sure of the reason why she died, they did embalm her tiny body, but didn't find any conclusive reason. Forgive me to say this but I hated that doctor. I just thought she didn't do her best to saved our baby knowing that my pregnancy was very risky due to my spilling of protein and high blood pressure. It was hard going home knowing that I was carrying inside me my dead unborn child. Hubby and I were crying together. We couldn't accept the truth that our first child is gone. The next day, I had an induced labor to get our child out. It took months and months before I finally decided to accept that "Ruth" is gone. But I tell you, I never really got over it. In fact right now while I am writing this post my eyes are wet. I couldn't stop crying! I still miss her so much! Anyway, three days later, we together with friends buried her tiny body...and even now I still remember that day we said goodbye to her.


Okay, this is getting long... so for more amazing stories about pregnancy and stuffs, head on to Liza's blog or click the badge below :-)!

Rodliz’s Nest

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry about Ruth. I know that it's hard for you to write about her. I have never lost a child, so I cannot say that I know what you feel, coz I don't. and I believe that you cannot get over losing a child.

    I am so glad that Jake came along and he made you and Matt so happy. Ang cute ng picture mo ha, laki ng tyan, sa akin, pangit ang tyan ko kapag buntis, daming kamot, hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay naku, Liz, dami ding kamot ng tyan ko di mo lang makita :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your Ruth, Ate Cess. I don't have kids yet nor been into pregnancy stage but I feel your pain. I know how it feels when someone is gone forever and cannot be with us. But I am sure, your little angel is watching over you and the whole family. Hindi ka na ba pwede magbuntis ulit?

    ReplyDelete