"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." ~Mildred B. Vermont~

Thursday, June 24, 2010

CC: First Impressions with In-Laws

When Matt visited me for the first time in Malaysia, we didn't feel any awkwardness towards each other as if we've known each other for a long time. No pretensions or anything like that. During his week long stays at my Aunt's house, he constantly communicates with his parents through emails. They were very excited and interested with what is going on between me and their son. As I read those emails with Matt, I felt very comfortable and thought they were very nice and warm people. I started to like them even before I met them in person though I have this nervous feeling inside me. That feeling disappeared when Matt and I got engaged and started planning for our wedding. His parents particularly MIL was very helpful with all the preparations, that is when I became very confident that they are indeed good people.


I saw/met them for the first time, one week before our wedding. I was right, they are very nice people though they are both quiet or should I say private. My MIL and I became close since we are similar in many ways. We talk a lot about almost everything; my FIL on the other hand is opposite. He doesn't talk much and very quiet unless I'll break the ice first, lol. With my SIL and BIL, they are nice people, but are not that the close since we don't see even talk very because of the distance. Don't get me wrong, but I love them, too! Some people don't really get along well with their MIL, but I am one of those lucky ones who have such nice, generous, warm and thoughtful MIL and FIL.

What about you? Care to share yours with us? Head on the Liza's Blog for more interesting stories.

5 comments:

  1. usually mga FIL tahimik lang talaga yata pero pagkinausap nagsasalita naman ,hehehe, ganyan din FIL ko.loves na loves ng panganay ko mga grandparents nya.gusto pa nga dun kami tumira mismo sa bahay or malapit lang para lagi nya raw napupuntahan sila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Te Cecile, sorry for my late visit. Hay, na-busy ako sa labada this week. Maayo ka kay dili ka nerbyosa sa imong ugangan sa una ninyong ila-ila. Ako, nerbyos gyud ko kaayo labi na nga first and the last nako nga uyab ug na-bana akong bana. lols. That's good to here they are good towards you. Private lang sila nuh?

    http://www.heartscontentofamama.com/2010/06/cc-first-impression-about-with-our-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not that close to my in laws either, but I guess, because of the distance. But I love them and they are great people. The ones close to us are very private people, so I treat them the way they want to be treated. We're both lucky that our in laws accepted and love us and we get along well with them. I feel sorry for the ones who don't get along well with theirs. Thanks for joining this week ate Cecile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interview gives you the opportunity to showcase your qualifications to an employer, so it pays to be well prepared. The following information provides some helpful hints...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Resume or application. Although not all employers require a resume, you should be able to furnish the interviewer information about your education, training, and previous employment.

    ReplyDelete