"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." ~Mildred B. Vermont~

Friday, April 23, 2010

I Love Pound Cake!

Paula Deen is one of my fave chef on the TV show called Food Network. For me, she's one of the best! Hubby and I love to watch her show. We love her cooking style as well as her foods. We even stopped by in her restaurant in Savannah, Georgia during our trip to Florida and took pictures in there as well as bought one of her cookbook! We wanted to try her famous restaurant, but to no avail because you need to make a reservation first for the next day and fall in line. The line is an imaginable! So, we decided to passed eating there that time.

Anyway, I have been craving for a pound cake lately, but when I look at grocery store for one, oh boy, it was very expensive! So, I decided to look online and found her pound cake recipe. I would like to share it with you if you want to try it. It is very yummy!

Grandmother Paula's Sour Cream Pound Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated. Sift the baking soda and flour together. Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating each egg 1 at a time. Add the vanilla and pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment