"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." ~Mildred B. Vermont~

Thursday, April 8, 2010

More Toys!

Every time I go to the store with my son, we seldom argue about toys. Jake hates going to the grocery store with me unless I bribe him with either doughnut or a dollar worth of toy. Thankfully, I was able to break that habit by explaining that doughnut is a junk food and it's not good for his health, but that he can only get one, if he behaves well during our shopping time. It worked! The same thing with toys, he needs to do something nice or do what is being asked before we put a quarter on his piggy bank; then when he has enough money, he can open it and buy the toy he wants with his own money. So far, we are still working on that. Eventually he will forget about toys and do something productive like reading books, drawing or playing with his other toys. I truly believe that consistency and being firm is what make things work....follow by patience and love.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post mommy Cel, I'm agree that consistency and being firm is what make things work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww..super bilib ko sa imong parenting style teCes...great job....:)

    ReplyDelete